Thank God I lived to see another year!
I’ve decided to call 2013 “My Year of Renewal.” Luckily for me, I was able to get away from the hustle and bustle that is New York City and enjoy some downtime with my close family and friends in Chicago. Granted my mini-vacation was only for 2 weeks, I can truly say that I have enjoyed every minute of it. Each day made me realize how much I value having special people in my life, especially those who put a smile on my face and make me fall out on the floor and from laughter. This trip has not only allowed me to regroup from the stressful living of NYC, but also gave me some life lessons to reflect on.
I’ve learned that:
1. Family will always be there for you, in good times and bad.
2. Everyone falls or feels like a failure in life. But no matter what, you have to keep on trying, no matter how hard life may seem. Get back up and act like success!
3. No one’s going to make me successful and look out for me better than yourself.
4. You have to put yourself out there, even if it makes you nervous or scared to death.
5. Don’t put off anything any longer. Get it out of your own way NOW!
6. Don’t be so hard on yourself. There is no such thing as perfection. Even a straight line isn’t perfect.
7. Let go of any negative past experiences, fizzled friendships/relationships and whatever else has not contributed to your overall happiness and well-being in a positive way.
I guess you can say that this is what the year 2012 has taught me as a whole. Once I turned 27 on Christmas Day, I realized that it’s not too late to follow my dreams and claim the quality of life that I’ve always wanted for myself. The year 2013 will be a different ball game for me, filled with accomplishments, less stress and more happiness than I’ve ever experienced. I really do have a great feeling about this upcoming year. I’ve decided to get out of my own way and really focus on my passions, goals and future.
Here’s to growth, maturity, discernment, love, serenity and optimism. I’m ready to see what the next 364 days have in store for me.